1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Meyer to, um, clean up Ohio State program?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nmmetsfan, Nov 18, 2011.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

http://sportsbybrooks.com/

Blog reporting it's all but done

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nice scoop by Brooks...

I'm sure in the eyes of the boosters the two titles more than trump the 31 criminals who played for him at Florida.

It's a no-brainer for the Buckeyes.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The only aspect of the story I doubt is Herbstreit going there as an assistant.

4. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Scoop? Not so much..... He's all but cut & pasted from both the Eleven Warriors blog / twitter feed and the tOSU scout forums, among others. They've been "reporting" this information since the early part of this week.

I'd love it to be true, and there certainly seems to be an AWFUL lot of smoke surrounding this( in particular the potential staff....sans Herbstreit, which seems just silly), but I'll believe it when the press conference actually happens.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The ends justify the means -- ESPECIALLY in college sports. Haven't you all figured that out, by now?

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Meyer flatly said on the air just now that he has not been offered the job and there is zero truth to the report.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I've heard that before.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Where?

[​IMG]

Dec. 31, 2006

[​IMG]

Jan. 3, 2007

But yeah, there's a big difference between "I haven't been offered the job" and "I told my agent to hear them out if they call to gauge my potential interest in the job."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"I get my daddy back!"

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Herbie just picked his family up and moved them to Nashville in order to flee the tOSU nutjobs who had made his life miserable.

I doubt he's heading back anytime soon; besides, he makes a helluva lot more at ESPN and his commercials than he will on Urb's staff.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

"They’ll have to carry me out of here in a pine box."

[​IMG]

Two days later ...

[​IMG]

12. mb

mb Active Member

It is kinda funny that pretty much anytime you ask a coach about any kind of job, you KNOW you're going to get lied to. And even if they're telling the truth, there's really no way of knowing if that's the ONE time someone's actually being honest.

Draft saved Draft deleted