1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Meyer: He gone ... sort of

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 26, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: Urban Meyer: He gone

I quoted that above. Apparently people decided to stick with their "he's full of shit and he'll take another job in two years" thing.

Now, if it's truly not life-threatening and it's something that can be corrected with surgery, then I wouldn't be surprised if he returns to coaching. But to play like this is some career move after it's been posted that he's had numerous hospital visits and has a heart muscle defect (which you do NOT fuck around with) is a dick move.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Where was this on the Chris Henry thread?

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Word.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Chance of Dungy taking the Gator
    job: zero.

5. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Even though we love to point out that these guys make more money per year than the gross national product of Haiti, they are under incredible pressure. The demands on their time, the expectations, the travel, the simple fact you can't even go get gas or eat out without getting mobbed and the fact you're expected to work yourself to a nub are all reasons why no one will last longer than 20 years at the more demanding jobs like Florida, USC, Alabama, Texas or LSU.

Good for him he put his health and family first. There are far more important things in life than your damned job, even if its the head coach of Florida making dump truck loads full of coin.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I gave up on that thread after the first page or so because, as I told a friend, I see no need to pile on someone who just died. So now you can shut the fuck up and stop assuming things.

7. KYSportsWriter

Woah. I assumed nothing, dude.

Was just making a general statement.

8. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

He's not the right shade of white.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What the fuck is wrong with you?

10. KYSportsWriter

Wow.

11. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

If Chris Henry were white, there wouldn't be six pages about how much of a 'piece of shit' he was.

12. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Countdown to lockdown has begun...

Draft saved Draft deleted