1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban legends

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 18, 2012.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"The Night The Lights Went Out at Camden Yards," starring Kevin Costner and Mr. and Mrs. Cal Ripken.

Going old school: A little while after Alfonso Ribiero starred in that Pepsi commercial with Michael Jackson, a story made the rounds he died from a broken neck while break dancing.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Peyton Manning and Kenny Chesney.

Michael Hutchence died of auto-erotic asphyxiation.

The girl who went to the hospital to have a hot dog removed from her vagina. (I'm sure it's happened, but not in every high school in the land.)

Buck fucked a dolphin.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Cal Ripken Jr. almost missing a game because of a fight with Kevin Costner

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I choose to believe the Kevin Costner rumor, as well as the Richard Gere stuffing a gerbil up his butt story. Both are exceptionally entertaining. Oh, and the Jamie Lee Curtis thing. That chick once had a baby bone. No doubt.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I remember variations that involved Elton John, and the semen being from some sort of semi-exotic animal.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Girl from neighboring school who was caught with peanut butter and her dog.

Gangs are leaving dolls in a car seat on the side of the road and when women drivers stop to get out and help, they attack. It's part of a gang initiation.

That one was big news in my old hometown two years ago. Emails were going around about it, because gangs like focusing on towns of 2,000 in southern Minnesota. Newspapers even did stories on it having to refute it and point out it's a tale that's been told elsewhere.

The story circulated in a bigger city that shares the same name as my hometown and in that city the police confirmed the emails were true. Er.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A friend and I started an urban legend in my town when we were in sixth grade about the serial killer dressed in a clown suit who hid in the woods near Devil's Rock, (a popular place off a cross-country path for the high school kids to drink) and kidnapped and killed kids who wandered up there alone.

A friend and I told the story to this girl in our class, who told other girls, etc. I hadn't thought twice about it until our 10-year high school reunion and the original girl we told mentioned in passing something about wondering whatever happened.

I looked at her and said, "You didn't really believe that, did you?" She couldn't believe that it was a story we made up. She called over another girl from our class, who also remembered the story. They had believed it for all those years.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm sure we all remember the high school girl who was a willing participant in a five-way.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

In some schools the teachers participate in the rainbow parties.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

because Costner was tagging Mrs. Ripken, in case anyone didn't know.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Gel bracelets.

12. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Dave Winfield/Reggie Jackson/Random large black dude scaring some old white lady in an elevator by saying "sit lady" while talking to his dog.

Draft saved Draft deleted