1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban legends

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That Mel Renfro was in The Client.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That Obama was born in Kenya.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That BYH and JDV are one and the same.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Didn't Stuttering John try and ask her about that during some interview for the Stern show? "Jamie Lee is it true you have a penis?"

5. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

well done.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Sports related one:

Many, many Cubs fans are convinced that the Cubs had home-field advantage taken away in the 1984 NLCS because of a lack of lights.

7. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Stig has been dead for a long time, honestly.

Also, that if you flash your high beams at a car driving with its lights off at night, you'll likely get shot by a gang member.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The corollary to this is a youtube clip that gets emailed to my newsroom at least once a day with some variation of "When will you report the TRUTH!!1!!" attached.

It shows Obama giving a speech, but you hardly ever see his face, and the "speech" is edited together using single words from various speeches -- the audio equivalent of a ransom note made with words cut out of magazines. The speech basically says "It's... true... I.... was... actually... born... Kenya..." It's not even edited by someone who particularly knows what they're doing. Just a mess. And still, we get it every single day.

Also, we're now getting the emails insisting that Snopes.com is a propaganda website operated by the White House to stop the truth from getting out.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Richard Gere and a gerbil.

Angie Bowie finding Bowie and Jagger in the rack together.

Jerry Mathers was killed in Vietnam.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or the other gas station one, that someone has taped AIDS-laced syringes to the inside of the gas pump handles. So when you pick them up, you get pricked and get AIDS.

I'll also add Rod Stewart swallowing so much semen that he had to have his stomach pumped.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I thought that was Alanis Morrisette.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Mikey, from the Life commercials was killed in an unfortunate Pop Rocks accident.

Draft saved Draft deleted