1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Upscale restaurants: Not "stoner-friendly"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

wri,

I always try to avoid Italian restaurants with Baptist-looking waitresses myself.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Hell, even the strippers around here look like Baptists. Just not very healthy Baptists.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I love the one person in the crew who says funny shit when they are high.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Did Tyler Durden write that post?

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That was post of the year stuff right there.

6. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

I got passed the point of worrying about anyone in public thinking I'm stoned a long time ago. Granted, I don't usually get super blazed before I go to some restaurant or other establishment I'm unfamiliar with, but I could still care less if someone thinks I'm stoned. I'm the only one who knows whether I am or not

The best is when you find a stoner-friendly place. The kind of place where you walk in and they just expect you to be blazed and appreciate the fact that you are because most of the employees there would be too if they weren't working. Or the kind of place where they know you're probably leaving to smoke when you disappear at halftime and return from the parking lot for the start of the second half.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yeah I think remember that, it was the first time I went bowling.

Were you the dude who stole the bumper out of the gutter, proceeded to dry hump it (poorly) because you thought it resembled Louise Lasser, and when the bumper didn't reciprocate, you went to the jukebox, played "Neither One Of Us" by Gladys Knight, and threw every fiber of your being into your bowling game because someday you were going to make the big time to appear on "Bowling For Dollars" with Howard & Rosemary?

I didn't get it at the time, but I especially enjoyed the give-and-take with you and my dad had about which coffee can top was best for rolling your shit. Honorable men disagreed that day, my dad is a staunch Folgers (red can) man. At the time, you liked Sanka because the can colors "blew your mind".

If you were this person, you were wearing a "We Are ... Marquette" T-shirt with ironed-on letters and you ate nine bags of Jay's potato sticks.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

obviously, you've never blazed a trail.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Damn straight.

Outstanding work, senor smoke.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Tried pot a couple of times. It never had a noticeable effect on me. So, I just never did it again.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you grew up not too far from mexico, didn't you?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thank you.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted