1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated: To turn down or not to turn down a menage a trois?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Feb 22, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Re: To turn down or not to turn down a menage a trois?

I have looked at this from all possible angles.

Ahem.

And I must vote a resounding "yes."

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes to turn down? Or yes to go ahead?

Jesus, Shotty, it's a multiple-choice question!

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you can just get me away from politics you'd find I'm a lot different than you think.

Maybe I should give up political discussions for Lent.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Lesbian?

Seriously, here's what he should do: Wait until he's in bed with his own girl, hot and heavy, and then talk about it...graphically. Give her the fantasy and see where she goes with it.

But they better be rock solid (their relationship, I mean), because one little glance the wrong way at the wrong moment...they're finished.

I have a good friend, bought her husband a lapdance for his birthday...she was there watching, thought it would be hot. Instead, it precipitated their divorce--she couldn't believe her husband could get so turned on by another woman. Dumb.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

You sure sound like you're speaking from experience westcoast.

6. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Unless he want to end the relationship he has to say no. However with that said she might be trying to insinuate that she wants to end this, so that being the case he should say yes.

7. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

The third wheel here is a "close friend" -- that tells me more is going on here.
    You don't just all of the sudden want to shag a "close friend" -- if you are a girl, that is, because we all know how guys feel about this (AKA Billy Crystal in "When Harry Met Sally").
    My guess is these "friends" have already sampled the tuna together and now want to add a sausage to the mix. So, go for it. If you say no, she will just go back to the tuna helper on her own anyway.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

If he says no, he will absolutely regret it forever. If she's up for it, what chance do they really have anyway?

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

From my perspective, at 49, I say you hit it.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

1. A 7-month relationship? His first true girlfriend? That shit's just puppy love anyway. Hit that and you'll have a story to tell every night you go to a bar with the boys. If the one-on-one relationship works out, bonus. But it probably won't whether the 3some happens or not (or else she wouldn't make such a proposal).

2. Engaged couples? I'd advise against it. Married couples? No way. Married with children? You deserve to get your genitals cut off.

3. Good point about the multi-cultural aspirations. I only locked down Whites, Mexicans and Jews before my wedding day.

4. I had two close calls in college. One chick was down and the other wasn't in one case. The other one both chicks claimed to be down but one ended up going home with the guy passing out cups for five dollars.

I haven't gotten over it.

Do it. Do it now.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

By the way, can I nominate this for early post of the year?

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think he has to do the three-way. He'd hurt the feelings and potentially embarrass his girlfriend if he didn't do it.

And yes, that's straight out of justify-it-by-any-means guidebook.

For most of us, the closest we get to a 3-way is Skyline Chili, so Westcoastvol is right, this is a decision he'll never ever have back.

And if their relationship can't survive a three-way what can it survive? (see second graph of this post)

Draft saved Draft deleted