1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

He advertises a LOT here, it seems like 1 out of every 3 commercials is his.
    People love the guy, he has dealerships all over the country.
    Scary.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Not to mention that he opens it by saying "Class of 94, watch out!" So apparently he's going to the standard 12-year reunion. In a car that no doubt has an Enterprise logo on it somewhere.

"First of all, I'm not one hundred percent in love with your tone right now" has got to be one of the greatest lines in a TV ad ever.

And nothing, nothing is worse than those John Cougar Mellencamp ads.

3. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I dunno, I think "Moose" has been around since 2004, so a 10-year reunion would make more sense.

Here's my question, you think Moose takes those two chicks in his rented Caddy and has a threesome?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think his hugging of the Enterprise agent would indicate no.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Conclusively proving that the good doctor is not female. :D

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Holy mother of pearl that was funny.

I also detest any Burger King "King" commercials. One of the first ones on "Wake up with the King" was frickin creepy!

That being said there's a commercial out for an off-road video game, the slogan is "Don't Anger the Dirt Gods" or something like that, where the Dirt God asks why the guy is cleaning his 4-wheeler. I always crack up when the voice answers the guy with "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?"

</end offtopicphase>

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I saw my most hated one the other night during The Simpsons.

That stupid fucking bitch at the airport that goes "Beeep" and "Booop" while scanning a guy because he has a fucking Sierra Mist in his hand.

Oh, how I'd like to snap that bitch's neck.

8. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

What's wrong with the man law commercials?

9. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

I don't know if it's for Comcast broadband cable or for a DSL service, but I can't stand the husband and wife turtles called the 'Slowskys'.

10. I'm a grown man, but the burger king guy kind of scares me. Right along with the Quizno's subs rats/hampsters/whatever they were. Catchy tune, but any food place with road kill as their spokespeople has issues.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Hey now! There's nothing wrong with Kathy Griffin!

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't think they show them anymore.

-- The guy in the home security commercial who runs out on his dock and screams about finally being able to relax. (Although I believe I did this myself following the 2004 hurricane season finale).

-- Any commercial with the Zoom-Zoom kid.

Draft saved Draft deleted