1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Please. It’s Ruby Tuesday’s.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

She’s a degenerate sports bettor constantly trying to zigzag the Bucks in the finals.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The LiMu Emu and Doug Liberty Mutual insurance commercials make me want to go all Elvis on my TV, just empty a pistol into it.

Dog8Cats likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Not any particular hate for the commercials, but why did perfume/cologne ads turn into arthouse productions? For as bad as Axe Body Spray is, I can at least tell what they're selling: Kids who think smelling like a Bath and Body Works exploded will somehow aid in hook ups. But Johnny Depp standing in the desert surrounded by wolves while playing a guitar riff or randomly driving out to bury some piece of jewelry is supposed to convince me to lather myself up in whatever musk he's hawking? I know this isn't new, but I just never understood it.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I never again want to see that not-hot crazy woman in the leather pants throw her wine against the wall. Dammit, woman, who the hell cares about the paint, you're wasting wine.

Wenders and Spartan Squad like this.
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Elton John and Lil Nas X for Uber Eats makes the ridiculous Postmates commercials seem like classics.

Both make me never want to order food delivery.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I get it’s supposed to be a bad commercial, but Black Bear Diner’s softball commercial bugs me. First, they couldn’t throw a damn softball underhand? Then, there’s no chance that woman who has no idea what she is doing in center field throws a seed home to get the runner. Let the ball fall, but you can’t make that woman at least seem competent? If she throws that well, no chance she’s scared of a pop up coming her way.

*Pedantic rant over*

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The Liberty Mutual emu and sidekick are the most annoying ad duo since the two dweebs for Sonic.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Lilly from AT&T needs to enter witness protection ASAP.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At risk of not Supporting Tha Troops, this Marine recruiting commercial is dumb as hell. Dude see a low-res hologram of himself on the street, discovers he can’t attack it with his elbow and next thing you know he’s crawling out of a water-filled trench at Parris Island? WTF?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was willing at first to buy her assertion that she would no longer appear in full body view as a punishment to internet horn dogs who have constantly slobbered over pictures of her in skimpy dresses (and I'm sure it's actually true to a substantial degree), but more and more it's becoming apparent that the bizarro world camera angles, weird placement of props and furniture, evidently have the goal of not letting her caboose appear on screen.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The USAA ads with Gronkowski. Yeah, Gronk… you’re special. Get on the short bus, now.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted