1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Chris Berman on a commercial for CarShield, an extended warranty program. Not especially grating just, you know, Berman.

People like him in ads like these -- such as Tom Selleck for reverse mortgages -- make me wonder if they really need money or if they were offered a buttload of cash.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Maybe they pay Berman in leather and Selleck in mustache wax.

playthrough likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine oversees marketing for a brand you may be quite familiar with if you are unhealthy and over the age of 60. Their marketing is almost exclusively direct-response (think infomercial) on TV, web and email.
    Anyway, he signed a celebrity with equal or maybe more star power than Selleck and Berman and he paid him a handsome flat fee for a few days of filming but the guy also gets about $10 an order, from any marketing channel. And their daily orders are equal to a mid-size country’s gdp. So much so that the celeb told my buddy he’s making more money now than on any of his previous major shows/movies.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If I ever get the chance to meet Lily from the AT&T commercial, I'm going to take her coffee mug, brain her with it, then smash it into pieces on the floor.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Slow down, Chef. Real life Lily is quite fetching

[​IMG]

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Well then.
    I have a whole new respect for ATiTs then.

maumann, Huggy and Batman like this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I have a question for the group. Am I the only one a little weirded out by the kid in the Sonic commercial bragging they he's known as the "chug master" at school because he's such a good chugger?

Draft saved Draft deleted