1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Flo's sister is Flo, and they've both worn out her welcome.

Jaime is the keeper. The commercial with Jaime's smoking hot wife was pretty funny. "The small one, she's like a child."

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The mayham allstate guy is way way past his expiration date.

I mean way past it

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Chevy commercials.

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Jaime and Flo are adorable. Hulu tends to play the same handful of commercials, so I missed the larger context.

It was a surprise to see the Mayhem as your cat commercial. I like the actor and his backstory makes me root for him. Still, he's a tidge played out. I feel for the spokesperson who follows him. Someone I once worked with was the spokescritter after Joe Isuzu. Even though he was extremely talented and went from Second City to national commercials, he lasted roughly thirty seconds in media years in that gig.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The new eBay spot with the two guys in the guitar shop.
    Don't act like fuckwits.
    Put the guitar down and walk out.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was trying to figure out what was irritating me about the Applebees Veterans Day ads on Sunday Night Football. It wasn't the Toby Keith song, or that many companies virtue signal their support of veterans (I mean that's really what it is right?) Nope - it was that all the vets were older dudes. No women, nobody under 40 with a disability, just dudes in their later years. Lets be honest, there are plenty of younger vets these days, shouldn't be hard find one or two. OK Boomer?

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The new Honda spot is already wearing me out.
    If you haven't seen it, 3 people are talking about how great of a guy (let's call him Bobby) is.
    He's walking around with his head in his ass, and some no driving prick has to jump on the brakes to prevent not only fucking up his new ride, but turning Bobby into spaghetti.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a cynical prick, but the next time I see this spot, I'm gonna get in my kids 4x4 1/2 ton Ford, go out, find Bobby, and finish the sumabitch off.

8. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Have the Dr. Pepper Fanville commercials been nominated? I almost miss Larry Culpepper.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

They're a little tired but the one where the couple it's arguing about which grill the girl is visiting is kind of funny. He accuses her of seeing another grill at which time she wipes a little something from the side of her mouth. We're to believe it's dijon mustard but ... well. And his propane vs charcoal argument is basically "mine are natural; hers are fake" and the significant other can't tell the difference. I am probably reading way too much into it but I still smirk when I see it.

The others can go away.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

fixed #ForIJAG

swingline and Wenders like this.
  11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I liked the Fanville commercial that was State vs. Tech (and clearly, the Mom was a Tech fan/grad who was teaching the kid about her school when dad wasn't around).

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The Rocket Mortgage commercials that feature Bob Dylan’s “The Man In Me” deserve a shit ton of scorn.

- First, fuck you Bob Dylan for selling out one of my favorite songs you recorded to a fucking predatory mortgage company.
    While you’re at it? Why don’t you give “Tangled Up In Blue” to Bud Light Platinum? Or! How about “Lay Lady Lay” to the good folks at Sleep Number Beds? “Idiot Wind” to Bosley Hair Replacement?
    Maybe that asshole who yelled “Judas” at you back in the 60s time traveled from now and got shouted down before he could tell you that 50 years in the future, you’d be hawking your songs to people paying double-digit interest rates on their homes. Hawk it fucking loud!
    - They’re drafting off “The Big Lebowski” heat 20 years late by using that song too.
    - Bitch, that’s a lot of candles by your tub. I’m not criticizing, but that’s a fire hazard.
    - The worst one is the one they show where you’ve got fans of seemingly half of Division I’s membership all playing cornhole at one tailgate.
    I know it’s an excuse to get disparate Power Five mascots into the ad, but there isn’t a tailgate in the country where you have a diehard Oregon fan hanging out with a diehard Texas fan hanging out with a diehard Ohio State fan hanging out with a diehard Georgia fan, etc. Quit with the horse shit tokenism. UGa didn’t die for our sins for this sham ad campaign,

Draft saved Draft deleted