1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

One of the joys of early voting is, after sending off the ballot, the commercials become so much comedy gold.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

He is NEVER going to score that girl who gets a new phone every week.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My main thing is I do my research and read up on the candidates to decide who to vote for. All the mud-slinging rude-ass annoying political ads do is turn me off to democracy.

George Washington is going, "didn't I tell y'all?"

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I’ll likely get a bonus that will cover three mortgage payments at the end of the year. Thanks to... political ads.

They’re like my friends. I’ll miss them in two weeks.

5. exmediahack

They’ll actually mostly be filled with local ads that had to get pushed back from Labor Day. The political ads pay the top rate so they get all the prime real estate. Then the usual local advertisers will return to their preferred spot.

You may not see that many national TV ads except for the week of Black Friday. The national companies are WAY down this year. Sears is closing. The Bon-Ton stores (Younkers) closed - they were major advertisers in the Midwest. Car companies are way down.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I live in Indiana, so I've got two guys both screaming at each other for using Chinese parts in their family businesses.

As if every business and household in the country doesn't use something from China.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Google commercial with Aerosmith "Living On The Edge" is pretty cool.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What the heck does a brokid’s ability to flip a water bottle in a fake viral video have to do with sandwiches, @subway?

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. exmediahack

They can't bring back Jared.

2muchcoffeeman and expendable like this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If they're trying to get you to eat there they sure as hell aren't going to show you the sandwiches.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

ONE MORE DAY.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Noticed that promptly on Nov. 1. Christmas-themed ads arrived in force. Most were for decorations from places like Wal-Mart and Home Depot, but the car company Christmas ads also arrived. I hate those, except some of the Mercedes ones can be good.

Draft saved Draft deleted