1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I like Martin Starr in Silicon Valley, but his character doesn't carry over well to a Hotwire commercial. Fail.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Don't you dare badmouth my boy, Carl, though!

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Anyone who's watched college football knows this one: The Buick ad with the band mom loading tubas into her trunk.

The ad kicks off with cringe-inducing percussion and synth sounds from some 1980s Casio keyboard they must have found for $1 at Goodwill.

Then we meet the 30-something WASP mamma greeting her young-uns, and the voice which comes out of this woman sounds like a reject from the "Mean Girls" movie, not a successful suburban mom who has it all. Shouldn't you be doing radio ads for a marijuana dispensary, ma'am?

Look, you're trying to sell Buicks. Old people who don't want to bend too far when they sit down buy Buicks, and they drive 10 mph slower than the speed limit while the woman in this horrible commercial sends OMG texts to her friends as she fumes behind them.

Take that cheesy synth and stupid Buick SUV and shove it up your ass!

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You rang?

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm getting there, too!

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The ubiquitous Chevy ads. If sensitive bearded guy asks you a question - here is a hint. The answer is Chevrolet.

expendable likes this.
  7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I hate a lot of what Trump does, but Tom Steyer's NeedToImpeach.com commercial is starting to get on my nerves. Maybe I'm just seeing it too often lately, but it's falling on deaf ears now.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The in-game spots during the Series. Huh?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I really had no problem with them.
    I do, however, have problems with the 3, 4 minute breaks between innings. Good god, they are long.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My son and I don't have a truck lineage to pass down. I drive a car, and so does he. We aren't Ford, Chevy or Dodge guys.

I think I fucked up fatherhood.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Shocking.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Saw a local ad for a private school that boasted a range of college acceptance between 99 and 100 percent. Which is it? Does everyone at your school get accepted to college or not? A 99 percent acceptance rate is great, just say that. Saying it's between everyone and not quite everyone just makes you look dumb.

Draft saved Draft deleted