1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I said it before on this thread, but any Progressive Commercial with that annoying bitch Flo.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That one archer is kinda milf-y though.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don't know, the one where some dude driving a minivan who runs into a motorcycle riding friend at a gas station is pretty funny. The part where the well intentioned wife, who is oblivious to how awkward the scene is for her husband, shouts that he uses her moisturizer gets a chuckle.

dixiehack likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's still Paul. I don't want to see Paul anymore. I say something snarky to Paul every time he turns up on my screen talking about telephones.

Fuck Paul all to hell.

5. albert777

albert777 Active Member

The latest ads for Busch beer, the one where the really manly man pops a top in the Great Outdoors and all you hear is a continuous, "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," that goes on and on and on, until you're throwing things at your TV to get it to stop.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I think that one's been around for a few years, Albert.

7. Spartan Squad

Scott van Pelt doing a Sports Clips radio commercials are nothing to bad as hair cut commercials go except for one thing. He describes Sports Clips' chill towel as a hot towel that's been cooled for, get this, no extra charge. How mighty white of you to offer to put a damp towel that you normally put in a steamer into a fridge for no charge.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sweet Caroline is the worst fucking ballpark song this side of Go Cubs Go.

So whatever car company thinks it's fucking great to put that abysmal song in an ad can pucker up and kiss my left ass.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Two:

I will actually hunt down and pummel the ponce who created the DirecTV ad that shows someone getting a paper cut on her tongue. ARGGGGHHHH!!!

T-Mobile/Netflix ad that keeps playing that shitty TM ringtone. Stop.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it, but I get the shakes just reading about it.

11. Done with Charlie Day and the Direct TV commercials.

poindexter and SpeedTchr like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

The Pepsi celebration commercial isn't bad in it of itself except the guy says Joe Staley's chances of scoring a touchdown are the same as zero. No near zero is not the same as zero. He could line up in the Fridge formation and run it in, recover a fumble in the endzone, catch a batted ball for a fluke touchdown. And I could go on. I'm not expecting mathematicians to make commercials but there are other jokes to be made to express how unlikely it is he scores a touchdown.

Draft saved Draft deleted