1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

His check engine light came on a month ago. He tried to pretend nothing was wrong until his wife finally saw it at which time he told her it came on the day before. So presumably at her behest, they go down to AutoZone to get the engine checked and see why the light is on. The employee at AutoZone tells them the check engine light is on because of a relatively simple problem. The husband in his delight it is simple admits the light came on a month ago at which time his wife realizes he is lazy and lied to her.

Songbird likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He could have just gone to AutoZone a month ago because they would have diagnosed it easy-peasy fast just like that?

Stupid commercial other than she's cute in a Susan Sarandon meets Michelle Pfeiffer at the crossroads of life sort of way.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I commend those of you who have never been in a LTR where she jumps your shit over Every. Little. Thing.

Stoney, expendable and Songbird like this.
  4. Songbird

We lament the reality of 1984 yet invite Alexa into our homes.

There will be a showdown for the ages soon: Zuckerberg v. Bezos.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The ad that currently makes JR and I bump heads lunging for the remote every time it comes on ...

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That [insert swear word here] Midnight Edition Nissan ad.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don't know why car makers continue to insult our intelligence with how inundated with customers they are. They never have more than 20 people at one time. Large numbers of people all don't need to buy cars all at once. And no one is bum rushing the doors to get in.

8. dixiehack

I guess since people didn't jump Volkswagen for using grandpa's ashes to hawk SUVs, Zillow has decided dead relatives are the hot new ad trend.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is this what happens when Goth kids have to finally get a job and enter the real world? They work at ad agencies?

10. Songbird

The Auto Zone guy seems to be gaining a lot of weight.

11. dixiehack

That NCAA commercial with the female athletes displaying Attitude! and declaring they're done with commercials promoting women in sports. No you aren't. Not only did you agree to be in this one, but it ran every other inning during the baseball regionals and super regionals.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The Bridgestone Tire commercials that advertise that they can run for 50 miles after being punctured by razor-sharp arrows. Does it really matter if the arrow is razor-sharp? I figure a dull arrow would do just as much damage.

spikechiquet and Spartan Squad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted