1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I laughed pretty damn hard when I saw this yesterday.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Anti-smoking ads in general are pretty damn obnoxious, but this one and a similar one have been running a lot lately and getting under my skin. It tries to equate standard marketing practices (advertising in black neighborhoods to sell more cigarettes there) to racial profiling.
    Marketing folks can be soulless and slimy, but "profiling" is kind of what they do -- to everybody.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Chevy commercials somehow manage to be even shittier than Chevy vehicles.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The Verizon mic drop commercial.

I find it almost irrationally irritating.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don't know how I feel about the Ferris Bueller knockoff Dominos commercials.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's on the radio but the Shlotzky's brisket sandwich commercial where a guy elongates briiiiiiissssssssketttttt saaaaaaandddddwiiiiiich in a grating voice and then just says "It's a long story" and then the commercial ends is terrible.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Fuck Big Moe Cason, the gap-toothed, bib-overalled dipshit hawking Little Ceasar's latest shit-on-cardboard concoction.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The pizza isn't that bad. Buddy bought one last week and I had a couple of slices. It could be worse, I guess.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I actually like them.

Killick and KYSportsWriter like this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm torn between actually really liking how the kid acts like Ferris Bueller and not happy they are using a knockoff to peddle nostalgia.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

That's the first commercial ever where I got sick and tired of it before the first viewing of said commercial even ended.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Call me skeptical, but I don't think Exxon's oil rigs in the Gulf are heavily populated with amazingly photogenic engineers and techs.

Draft saved Draft deleted