1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, those local ads... We in Cincy get ambulance chaser Harvey Richman, who apparently works out to compensate for being 4'8".

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Hyundai's holiday ad: "You smell like nutmeg."

I usually have the Dan Patrick Show on TV when I'm getting ready for work and it's played during every break.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The ad executives who have combined dirty talk with TV dinners ("Devour") should be shot.

spikechiquet likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's creepy.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I actually like that one. Though I am not sure if they are trying to position the phone as waterproof or what.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think the Sonic commercials with the two dweebs in their cars are bad. But I know several folks who think for some reason that they are the Sonic owners and refuse to go there because they are so annoying.

Maybe that's a Fox news rumor. Not sure.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think that and the idea you can hear the built-in speaker from much further away, which I'm sure delights everyone else at the pool.

Ace likes this.
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ugh. That sounds bad. I think the lottery commericals in general are 50 percent worse when it's the government trying to convince the sheep that throwing money away is fun.

9. dixiehack

There's a Tennessee Lottery radio spot in rotation now where hubby gives the wife an already-played instant game, even though they agreed not to give each other anything. It's a winner of course, and as she coos at him he's promising it to the kids' college fund. You know, if money's that tight, maybe don't be blowing your wad on scratch-offs down at the corner Mapco.

Ace likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Speaking of radio spots, I heard one from the Foundation for a Better Life the other day about Gandhi in which the voiceover said, "While others rose up, he sat down."
    Then the next spot in the rotation was for the Squatty Potty.

dixiehack likes this.
  11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Preach on, Cosmo.

12. dixiehack

Enough of the GMC ads with the people so eager to humblebrag about their new ride that they shit on the neighbors who bought new Christmas decorations. Guess what Suzy? Your new SUV is probably made about as well as the Smiths' light-up plastic reindeer.

Draft saved Draft deleted