1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Somehow I don't think those luxury car ads inspire the same rage in the tax bracket where people can actually afford the product. This might merit a sociologist's time if they want to study some of the class divide in (North) America.

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I mean ESPECIALLY that one.

Huggy likes this.
  3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Apple commercial with the old man going off the high dive. Every time, I keep hoping he bellyflops and dies.

KYSportsWriter and Huggy like this.
  4. HandsomeHarley

Another one that drives me insane: And for the record, I think there should be realism in TV commercials. If you want to sell me a razor, have some fuckin' stubble on your face, not a professional shave. And don't you dare stand there with a bag of chips with chips sticking out of the fuckin' top, or gargling with a brand-new, full bottle of Listerine in your pathetic hand. And put some fuckin' toothpaste on your toothbrush. That sort of shit.

Those stupid Credit Karma commercials where in one breath, she says how easy it is to access, and in the next, the stupid son of a bitch, with one fuckin' click of his phone, has his credit score up, just like that.

Bullshit. You at least have to set up a fuckin' account, then you know, actually log on to said account.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

On the rare occasions I fly it is with Southwest. But that can change if they keep going with the Journey karaoke ad

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I want to punch the asshole doing his Left Shark impression in his asshole-ish face so badly.

7. HandsomeHarley

Bet those three morons have no idea who performed the song.

The new Geico commercial is at the same level of stupidity. The one where the moron is on trial and because he saved 15% on his car insurance, he got to hop up and dance out a free man.

Grr ... who can I throat punch for coming up with this shit!?

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ignoring the fact that a missing slice out of a pizza is not the same thing as buying meds that last hours and not 12, your equivalency further falls apart when you suggest that not buying Advil means you get pain relief for part of a day. A day is 24 hours not 12. My nerdiness can't take it.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If I hear that "my hero zero" Volkswagen ad one more time, I might go on a multi-state killing spree.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Someone please melt the damn snowman singing for Pizza Hut. Not even Frosty wants to buy a Triple Treat box after that fucking thing. Auto-mute every time.

Killick likes this.
  11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That Volvo ad that is just a rip-off of the McConaughey Lincoln ads.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

For my Virginia peeps ... the Virginia Lottery holiday ad, featuring a hipster douche saying it doesn't feel like a holiday party until somebody starts passing out scratch offs, is the worst.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted