1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought he looked familiar. Thought it might be the guy who played Negan first. I get them confused sometimes.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. He has this weird -- I'm getting paid for this for some reason, but my heart's not in it -- vibe. Strange.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Not sure why, but I recognized who it was right away.

Didn't know what the commercial was about at first, when they show him walking outside to get the mail, but it's a really well done commercial.

Ace likes this.
  4. If this commercial doesn't melt you heart ...

ChrisLong, Killick and HC like this.
  5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

It would have been hilarious if he knelt down...looked softly into her eyes and said.
    "Hi...I'm going to fucking kill you."

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just saw the creepiest commercial ever here on local news. Sixtyish woman with gray hair talks about how her friend is always talking about funeral planning and how said friend wants everything to be pink, including the casket. She goes on to say "I'd like a little get-together, some drinks, Elvis music, some dancing, no pink." Ad was for a goddamn crematorium! Whole thing was insanely jolly and upbeat. Very disturbing.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

We're led to believe that Gram doesn't have wi-fi but can find her granddaughter on Twitter and read the one Tweet about not wanting to go to the entertainment black hole for the holidays?

also, there's a reason I take a whole bag of just "entertainment supplies" when I travel for the holidays, for those times when I'm hiding in my bedroom/the basement/the bathroom from the conversation happening about my step-aunt's battle with shingles.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Probably a DB, but one more fuckin' ad about some asswipe getting or giving a Mercedes for Christmas and I'm gonna go apeshit.

The most unrealistic drivel on TV today -- and that says a lot.

9. doctorx

doctorx Member

Right up there with the oversized bow on a Lexus.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You can't spell "funeral" without "FUN!"

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

On repeat on the CW app, an ad for Express that plays the same music chorus over and over ...

That's life (That's liiiiife)
    That's what all the people say
    That's life (That's liiiife)

And repeat six times while showing spoiled rich millennials live it up in Manhattan.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No idea what car they are flogging but the one where the crazed parents wake up the kids on Christmas Day to go out and look at some new car in the driveway can fuck right off.

ChrisLong and HandsomeHarley like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted