1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Jay Mohr as Todd Gurley's agent demanding 20 percent of his Carl's Jr. burger is the worst.

Fortunately for most of you, I assume it's only running in the LA market

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Seeing it in Nor Cal too, so maybe it's running in areas with Carls Jr rather than Hardees?

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Nope. It's running in Virginia, too.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The Sprint or Verizon "upgrade season" spot has got to stop.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

After sifting through this I'm shocked the Ford commercial with Pitbull singing he's free, to do what he wants, any old time..... didn't make the list.

I haven't seen it on much lately, after seeing everywhere this summer. I can only hope someone broke into the networks, stole it and lit it on fire.

"Free, beybeh." Fuck off, you bald goon.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

One of the worst car ads running today is the Chevy one with half the car sticking out through the wall.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Except for that last line when that lady says it's all business in the front and party in the back, and I immediately no longer think of cars but her ass.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

"The headlights remind me of an Audi ..."

In the sense that the both illuminate the road at night, maybe. Who the hell do they think they're fooling?

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Clay Matthews being down and extending the football into the endzone for a touchdown. I already hate that roided up beefhead enough.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

After hearing all the side effects, I don't even want to be in the same pharmacy with a bottle of Lyrica

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

So if you eat pistachios you have to be an asshole elephant?

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Just when I think I've seen it for the last time, the "Take the Roar Out of Snore" commercial for Sleep Number pops up again. Not that it's all that irritating to me, but it's been airing forever and is getting awfully repetitive.

The reviews about the woman in the commercial seem mixed -- a lot of guys think she's really cute, others are turned off by the Jay Leno-ish chin.

Draft saved Draft deleted