1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

About as tired of the commercials for the new series "Pitch" as I was of the ones for AT&T back in spring of the first woman pitching in the majors.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree, but I'll at least give the show a try.

3. No TV, but radio ... The Hardee's radio commercial ... "This is the sound of fresh buttermilk being poured into a cup ..."This is the sound of four ... "

Yeah, I know how fucking biscuits are made!

I have an irrational hatred for this and these commercials. Wouldn't eat at a Hardee's if my life depended on it.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This could go in the little things you can't ignore thread, too...but in one of the CarMax spots with the random white dude spokesman, he's wearing a casual blazer and one half of it is completely wrinkled, and not in a "we are trying to look casually hip" way but instead in a "we spent fifty dollars making this spot" way.

5. old_tony

Not defending the commercial, but they make a pretty good Ham N' Cheese. At least they did 10 years ago the last time I had one.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I wear suits everyday. Would like to think I have an elegant sense of style.

Can Neil Patrick Harris wear suits that are any tighter in those Heineken ads?

That's all I see when he's holding a beer bottle. A suit that's cut a little too short and way too tight.

Carry on...

Songbird likes this.
  7. The best thing Hardee's ever made was the mushroom and swiss burger.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Building on the STEPHEN! Ads, there's now a (local?) radio spot in which a banana slug is talking to a kid about getting outside and experiencing nature. The ad ends with mom coming in the room and exclaiming "STEPHEN! What is that in your hand?"

Just once, I want him to answer "It's my penis, Mom. I'm so bored I've been masturbating furiously for hours."

9. old_tony

I don't think I hate the commercial as much as the girl in it. The Dominoes "Dinner Dictator" commercial.

"I want salad, so we're getting salad, right?" Not a bad way for Dominoes to introduce it has added salad to the menu, but the family needs to tell the little spoiled bitch to take a fucking hike.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

When he asks about flipping another man's meat, I wonder if he would've been given that line if he were hetero.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I can't stand ANY of the Draft Kings and other single day fantasy sports ads. My problem isn't so much the ads themselves, but my problem IS with the way, way over saturation of the ads during a sports broadcast. I can't watch the NFL now, because I do NOT want to see forty fucking fantasy ads in a three hour window. FUCK THAT.

12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Welcome to 2015.

KYSportsWriter and Vombatus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted