1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Reminds me of this one from a few years back.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I was thinking about posting the exact same thing with the one difference being that it's already starting to get hold simply because that dam song has been in my head now for three weeks.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Matthew McConaughey's creepy-ass car commercials.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Now, now, don't ship your pants over it.

Huggy, expendable and murphyc like this.
  5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"PC DOES WHAT?!?"

Well, if history shows anything, they freeze up, get tons of bugs and generally suck.[\mac guy]

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

"Charles Barkley is trapped in the Internet."

After getting bombarded with these radio spots, I say leave him there.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd be advocating for GEICO to go back to Maxwell, but after the Peter Pan commercial I want to do just that.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So all these quarterbacks ordering Sunday Ticket ...

If they were paying for it themselves (humor me), how often are they even using it? Figure one open date, maybe a slow Sunday after playing the Thursday game. If you're on MNF, you've got a walk-through and film to watch, plus a 50-50 chance you're on the road. For them it would be the worst deal ever.

HanSenSE and spikechiquet like this.
  9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Duh. Their wives are watching all day in their boxers and eating tortilla chips.
    And there's a brand-new spot for the Camry, I believe, that must have played 15 times in the 45 minutes or so I watched the USC game last night. It has some little thing like a cowbell or something in the music track that sounds exactly like my dog when she's barking at something out back. It drove me freaking bonkers every time I heard it ... and my dogs weren't even outside.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily mind the idea behind the Burger King commercial about the Buffalo chicken fries, but I wish the phone wasn't set to vibrate. Damn commercial has twice jolted me out of a nap.

12. Fan Duel.
    The saturation is killing me.

Draft saved Draft deleted