1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Updated' - SF Chron Guys and Ellerman's Plea: Damning Dates, Revisited-*Videos*

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Feb 21, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Re: The Chron Guys and Balco: New Damning Dates and Thoughts

Date-corroborating links are all updated in the second post of the thread, plus I added a quick-reference guide to page numbers used in Plea Agreement for dates used from that source, as well as a paragraph guide for the Chron. article dates I referenced.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

My . . . brain . . . hurts!

But seriously . . . . . this reeks of another time that JDV is gonna get attacked for no apparent reason.

Seems that he and RokSki spent time putting together something they felt would be worthwhile. Even if I am not sure how accurate the timeline is, this effort is appreciated.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Why JDV is hated is all of his "me, me, me" crap and how smart he is, now he's been in front of the 9th Circuit, blah, blah, blah. Who gives a shit and how is it relevant to anything about this particular case? He thinks women read this site and fantasize about him. He's a shameless self-aggrandizer who thinks everyone should bow down to him and agree with him. I, for one, can't wait till he gets tired of this place and stops polluting it.

4. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Hey Piotr thanks man & I bet you are right about the attacks - lol.

I love the hate...basking in it

Check Rok's updated links above with my info/links broken down (his second post)

JDV

5. John D. Villarreal

Uh dork - it is because I KNOW the judges and prosecutors out here and never believed they were leaking s@@@, especially to that magnitude. It was CLEAR what was going down at least to me (which is why Rok and I broke this story).

If you can't figure out how that is relevant on one of the biggest stories in sports in the last few years you need MAJOR help.

JDV

6. Piotr Rasputin

I guess you're right. Someone's legal experience isn't relevant to their thoughts on a thread regarding the legality of the actions of a lawyer and two reporters.

I'm sorry; I just hate when, no matter what someone posts, certain people can't help but rip on it becaue of some old fight, or because they think it's the popular thing to do. Making stuff personal, regardless of the relative merit of the individual post, is one of those Internet message board things that makes zero sense, in my opinion.

As for the rest . . . you've fallen for JDV's act.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Where's the video? I want video of these scoops on YouTube, dammit. Without videos posted to a Web site that the entire world is free to post to, I just can't take any of this seriously.

8. John D. Villarreal

Ha ha, you must be a mind reader - video is already shot with Rok con-called in and is being edited now.

PLUS bonus update on McGwire videos are being shot.

Stay tuned!!

PS - Piotr thanks man - good to see someone smart & cool around here (actually the Villa Army is pretty large now)

9. Piotr Rasputin

While I still understand the thought process that leads a newspaper to continue down the dark path with Ellerman . . . the part of the court report that mentions when they read the Bonds testimony is quite damning, if accurate.

They made a decision to grasp for a massive story, and stained themselves greatly in the process.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Let me say this again, because I feel it even more strongly than before: Mike Lupica, you are on the clock, right now.

No one has led the BALCO and 'Mark and Lance' charge more forcefully than you, and if you have any integrity whatsoever, you better follow up on these new dates and new information.

The Chron tried to bury this in their reporting on Ellerman's plea in their Feb 18 piece, and understandably so. They tried to confuse the reader about when Mark F-W got the information, and didn't mention the date of the motion hearing. We all get that, as journalists in a capitalistic society, as Piotr astutely points out.

But the rest of us journalists, particularly sports journalists, have a responsibility to get this information out. Especially those of us who most forcefully led the charge.

As a new member of the NFL Hall of Fame once said: "Don't lose that intensity" in reporting on a story once the story takes a turn you personally didn't want it to take.

Our readers deserve better.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I am all atwitter.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Lord.

Draft saved Draft deleted