1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATED --- Rockies' Ubaldo Jimenez has no-hit the Braves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 17, 2010.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The window is only the 3 hours or so it's expected a game will normally go. Otherwise, other networks would have to wait and see if the Fox game was over before starting their own broadcast.

Works the other way, too. A 12:05 game on an FSN can be carried all the way through, even if it spills over into the 3:15 Fox window.

* - All times Central.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I always assumed April would be the biggest month for no-nos (pitchers ahead of the hitters and all that) but no. It's actual second from the worst next to July. About 14 percent of no-hitters have been thrown in April. September has had the most with 22 percent of no-hitters being thrown then.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

April is such an iffy month weather-wise I can see why a lot of no-nos wouldn't be thrown then.

September isn't a surprise as the leader given the expanded rosters that month.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Baseball Aprils are shorted a few days most years, as well.

6. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Outstanding effort as usual, AP.

Sheesh.

Too busy moving the three-inch gamer to check that little fact, I'm guessing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Pretty cool factoid from ESPN Insider:

The catcher and umpire from Saturday's no-hitter (Miguel Olivo and Jeff Kellogg) were BOTH behind the plate for Anibal Sanchez's no-hitter on Sept. 6, 2006.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/tmi-mlb/post/_/id/2315/rapid-reaction-jimenez-no-no

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The Braves-Rockies game was on Fox Sports South. As soon as it was over I switched over to Mets-Cards, and it seemed like a half-hour later before they made any mention of it, let along cut to it. Kind of unbelievable.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No problem seeing it out here. ;D

Great stuff from Ubaldo.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Did I miss it, or did the AP not send any alerts until the game was over?

Draft saved Draft deleted