1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATED: Pats DE Marquise Hill found dead after Lake Ponchartrain accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, May 28, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I do not know what you are missing, and I really do not know what answer to give you.

I'm actually searching for the answer you want or are looking for. All I can say was listening to their telecasts when another team would kick the ball around or make a bad play they would give a "how can team play this poorly?" type of tone. I just remembered them being not too far removed from that same level of awful play. And as fate would have it, it didn't take too long for them to regress back.

I was 12 or 13 at the time back when this team played http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ATL/1982.shtml

I do not have this feeling about the Reds or the Phillies or the Expos or whatever NL team was strong at the time. Maybe it is because they did not have their games broadcast into my parents house every night? I just know that I did not have this feeling when the Cubs and the Mets became a strong teams a few years later. Their games were telelcast into the home just as much as the Braves.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

True.

Hopefully the league will sponsor some lifejacket awareness classes in the schools in Hill's honor.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Candidly, it depends on the autopsy.
    If he was drunk or high, no.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah, life jacket awareness classes will take care of it. I'm sure he'd never been told about the safety features of a life jacket, or the hazards of riding a personal watercraft in the pitch black of night. Some league-sponsored lifejacket classes would have definitely set him straight. [sarcasm]

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Why would someone do this on the Ponchatrain? Isn't it much more dangerous than normal lakes? I mean, isn't it tidal and really, really choppy?

6. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Slappy, for the last time, I had NOTHING to do with it.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

When I first heard about it, I figured he fell off the craft and it bonked him in the head while circling around without a driver.
    Wear a life jacket, and you can survive a hit like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted