1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATED: Pats DE Marquise Hill found dead after Lake Ponchartrain accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, May 28, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

A sad, sad development. I hope no alcohol was involved with this, that would just be awful given recent events.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I almost drowned after a jet ski spill, and I was wearing a life jacket.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If it is a decnt one, and it is fitted correctly, it should keep your nose and mouth above water.

Do you think it saved your life?

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Kind of, yes.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

They may try, but if they do, I'm sure there would be a court battle.

6. boots

boots New Member

Very important safety lesson here. If you can't swim, or even if you can swim but are out in the water, don't try to be a macho man or macho woman. Use the safety jacket.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

If it's insured, the Pats didn't do it themselves. It's an issue for the family to work out with the insurer, no?

8. 93Devil

But what if it was a Patriot from the 70s or 80s? You know, when they sucked.

9. Guy_Incognito

Back off, what's wrong with feeling a more direct personal connection with players on the team you root for?

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I believe the teams take out insurance on the players.

Do the Patriots owe it to Hill's family to send them the remainder of his salary, as a token of goodwill?

11. 93Devil

You do when they succeed or fail, but I feel just as bad for this guy and his family as I do for any other player.

It's just the holier-than-thou attitude you get from some sets of fans when their team becomes a winning team. I felt it/feel it with Braves fans, Spurs fans and Patriot fans.

12. Guy_Incognito

To me it looks like a guy more upset than he would have been had he been on a different team & he had never heard of him, because of an added connection. I'll admit that this would hit harder had I heard of him / if he were on my team.

Draft saved Draft deleted