1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated: Help me on my trip to Philly...(page 3)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Re: Who wants to go to Game 1 of the NLCS?

Ur weird. :)

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, so I've got the tickets sold (thanks for nothing, jerks!). I'll get to town about 4 p.m. I'll have about $50 cash before I meet up with the person buying the tickets. That needs to cover parking (I'm budgeting $20). I'd like to get a cheesesteak just to say I've done it. So are any of the places around there? If not, any other suggestions near the park so I don't spend all my money on cab rides. It would need to be cheaper than $30 or take plastic.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Better plan on plastic. You'll probably be mugged for the $50 within 15 minutes of arriving in the City of "Brotherly Love".

4. imjustagirl

Well I know some street places don't take plastic. And I've read that the cheesesteak places are those types where you have to know what to do. So I wasn't going to walk up there with plastic and have them throw a sandwich at me.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Should have used the blue font--was just referencing all the love one gets from the local citizenry when one visits that fair town.

I'm sure one of the locals will be by to clarify the plastic v. cash issue.

And turn the next 3-5 pages into a Geno's v. Pat's argument.

And they wouldn't throw a sandwich loaded with Cheez Whiz on a customer. Well, then again, it is Philly....

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Parking will almost certainly cost more than $20.

7. imjustagirl

Don't know. Two people who have gone to games there said $20.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

If Ryan Howard goes 0-4 with four strikeouts tomorrow, we'll know why.

9. imjustagirl

I'll comfort him. I'm sure my boss would understand why I was late for work Friday, especially since he's a Dodgers fan. :D

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I paid 20 to park right next to the stadium. That was three years ago and a regular season game. Lots a block away were only 10 bucks (which I used the next day because I'm a cheap bastard).

11. imjustagirl

Eh, I'll deal with it regardless.

12. I went to my first Phillies game two weekends ago (when they clinched). We parked next to the stadium for 10 bucks.

I didn't see any places around the stadium for cheese steaks. The area is pretty much a square of four huge plots with three stadiums (Veteran's would make the fourth, but now it's a parking lot). The area seemed far away from food, and even then you had to drive through what appeared to be a sketchy area.

Draft saved Draft deleted