1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATED: Fantasy golf league created

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Dec 6, 2006.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

They're starting early, from week 1.

I haven't been able to create a team, keep getting an error. Hopefully that's temporary.

If anybody's starting our annual league, please PM me or leave a note here.

Thanks.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Re: We doing Yahoo Fantasy golf this year?

I'm up for it.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Is golf starting already? Has this season ended yet? I'm confused.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

They're already soliciting signups, because this year, they're going to go right from the start and the Mercedes.

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I went ahead and created an SportsJournalists.com group

No. 3608

PW: looser

Join away, and good luck to all.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Not to be annoying, just want to keep this afloat for a while so people see it and sign up if interested. We had a pretty good year last year.

It's gonna be tougher -- the season extended by several weeks, but the 10-tournament limit still in effect.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll be the one to ask:

How does one play fantasy golf?

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

You have A, B and C players, and you select two from A, four from B and two from C each week.

You can only play one of your A players, two of your Bs and one of your Cs. You have the extras in case you miss a cut.

You get points for your players' performance, from 20 points for the round's best day, to 2 for being within 10 shots of that round (or is it nine, something like that). You get a bonus if your player wins.

You have to set your lineup using those lists each week. At the end, player with most points wins. I lost my title this season after two in a row.

It's among the more simple Fantasy leagues, and hence the only one I play in. Only takes a few minutes a week to set your lineup.

(Oh, and you can use each player only 10 times a year; if he's on your live roster for any of the four days, that counts as a use. So there's strategy with saving guys like Tiger Woods, for example, and some got burned when he skipped the season-ending Tour Championship this year if they'd been saving him.)

Anyway, nobody signed up yet. I'll bump once or twice more, then give it up...

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dont forget to keep bumping this up... we'll never remember come Sony Open...

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'll get in eventually, SF. Keep bumping it to remind people, especially as the season gets closer.

I think sometimes people think if they sign up this early, they'll forget that they did sign up and have a dormant team.

There's a pretty good group of fantasy players here. I think we'll definitely get enough to have a good league (we have the last 2-3 years anyway).

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

If it's not annoying anybody -- oh, hell, even if it is -- I'll keep bumping it up as the season approaches. Thanks.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

That would be me. I pass up the guy for about four straight freaking wins and then he bails on me.

Draft saved Draft deleted