1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATED: Down time

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Lucas Wiseman, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

We had some down time today as all of you are aware. It was a result of a power outage at the place that hosts the SportsJournalists.com server. Looks like everything is up and running again.

In addition, there are some issues with the domain registrar I use for SportsJournalists.com. I'm currently trying to resolve those issues but it may lead to some of you not being able to get on at all or not being able to sign on from certain (random) locations. This issue is being worked on.

Webby

2. Lucas Wiseman

Sorry there haven't been any recent updates... I was on vacation for the past week and decided to leave my laptop behind (can you blame me??)...

The issues with the domain registrar is currently being resolved and should be completely fixed soon. This is precisely the reason some people cannot access the site from certain locations. Sorry for any problems some of you may have had. It's been a long, tough road resolving these issues as the company I was using had some major issues and is being shut down.

I have received many PMs and e-mails from folks asking about this... I wish I could respond to them all, but I cannot.. if you know of someone who cannot currently access the site, please pass this note along to them.

3. Douglas

Douglas Member

The whole fiasco with the registrar is impacting upwards of 1 MILLION domains. If any of you have domains registered with RegisterFly (www.registerfly.com), loet me know ASAP, please. email domains@therealms.net with your domain and specifically request my help. If you email me for any other issue aside from a domain name registration/transfer/renewal issue to that address, I will not answer that email.

I have had success in getting BOTH of Webby's domains wrenched from RegisterFly.com and will do the same for anyone here. I do not want to get into the details of the whole mess with RegisterFly.com, HOWEVER, I will let you know that if you do NOT have a transfer initiated by the 31st of this month, your domain is in jeopardy of being transferred to another registrar that you have no choice in choosing.

If anyone wants me to handle this whole mess for you, there will be a transfer in registrars involved, and I am running a special $10.00 price for transfers.

You can find out who your registrar is by going to http://whois.sc/DOMAIN.EXT (do not include the www. part)

You might not need me to be involved with this, however, if you do NOT have 3+ hours to deal with RegisterFly, you might want to just have me take over for you.

For the record, I am a reseller (website: www.therealms.net ) for Dotster.com and have been a customer of theirs for over 7 years.

4. Lucas Wiseman

Final update... We've finally managed to regain complete control of the SportsJournalists.com domain and the issues folks are having accessing the site should begin ceasing over the next couple days.

5. Douglas

Douglas Member

Everything should be 100% resolved now. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted