1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATED AGAIN: Nick Saban staying put, but Chip Brown was right about Mack Brown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Re: Mack Brown stepping down at Texas, per Orangebloods.com

That doesn't have much to do with which one is a better job or the quality of the organizations.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I want your job. I log on at 5 a.m., you're here. I have a slower day and am on more, you're here. I log on at night, you're here. You are always here. And never wrong. So I'll bow out now. You're right. Major college football is most definitely minor league. Saban is a fucking fool if he stays in AAA when he can try the bigs.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They aren't the same sport, Dick. Players who are of no use in the pros (ahem) are great in college, and players who are of no use in college are great in the pros. There is much greater scheme variation. The process of acquiring talent is different. (And here is where I think Saban knows where he is better off, in that 90 percent of the college game is finding better players than the other guy.)

Sure, the overall talent in the NFL is better. But some guys who have been great in the NFL have sucked in college too.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I realize as a Canuckistani my opinion means fuck all on this thread but I watch plenty of college football and have a hard time believing that coaching the Jaguars, the fucking Bills or even the shitass Redskins or Jets is a better job than coaching Alabama, Texas, Ohio State and a number of other places.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Don't get personal with me.

6. Moderator1

wait, wait, WAIT - the Redskins would beat that minor-league outpost in Tuscaloosa 60-0.

7. Moderator1

I was praising you. On all day, always right. I want your job.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

More from Feldman:

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 1m

Heard from two sources who said the @ChipBrownOB report about Mack Brown being out at #Texas will prove accurate.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You realize Mack Brown is a football coach, right?

Actually, you probably don't. Why don't you stick to shit you know something about. Whatever that may be...

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Coaching Georgia State is a better job than the Redskins or the Bills for the simple reason you don't have answer to Dan Snyder or live in fucking Buffalo.

11. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

These college jobs have a hell of a lot more stability than an NFL job.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Someone disagrees with you about college and pro sports, and you get super-personal with them. Great leadership.

Don't worry. It won't be a problem any more.

Draft saved Draft deleted