1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATED 7-12: Boy or Girl? Mrs. CI gets a sonogram.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Jun 15, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Re: Boy or Girl? Mrs. CI gets a sonogram

No, I did not call you an old wife (please, pull back the talons) and no, I ain't askin' around. That would require a level of weirdness I am unwilling to take on. :eek:

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I work too hard on this ass to wreck it for a bunch of boys.... :D

3. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

Get away from Mrs. CI's ass, folks...
    CI, have you and Mrs. CI considered the plethora of color options for the new bundle of joy that are genderless?
    No, I'm not talking the typical yellow or that awful pale green. Just a thought.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did Ragu say he has a small weiner?

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That's one thing my wife is afraid of. If Murphy doesn't take to baby that well, we'll have to get rid of the little guy ...

... we'll miss the baby.

Seriously, Murphy is a sweetheart and knows when we mean business. He's been around a handful of infants and cowers to their presence. We'll be fine.

6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

BUMP. See original post!

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Many congrats man...

By the way, if you love your dog as much as I think you do, parenthood will fucking blow your mind...

They say the best way to tell if someone will be a good parent is how they are with their pets...

You'll definitely be ahead of the game...

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So was I right? About being able to tell from behind? Is she carrying like a beachball, or big all over? You can tell us, no one will know.

And really cannot believe you're not naming the baby Murphy. We had a pool.

9. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

My wife is two months from giving birth to our son and 21 is on the money, at least in this case.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

My wife actually checked a book out of the library called "I THOUGHT I WAS THE BABY!" about how to adjust your spoiled dog (Kismet, in our case) to life with a newborn (Charley, in our case).

Dog took to him fine regardless. Actually quite protective and runs to the crib when he cries.

Congrats, CI. Let us know when you first take piss in the eye.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They actually make little hats to put on his pecker when you change him... It only seems absurd until you've been peed on... ;D

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My wife is in the wrong line of work.  She can look at a pregnant woman who is at least six months along and tell, every time without fail, the gender of the baby.  She has never missed.

C_I, when you bring the baby home sit on the floor with the baby and let Murphy come up and see what's going on and he will get the sense quickly that this baby is special.  Our two smaller dogs - we didn't have our labs 24 years ago - became our son's best buds right away.  They stopped sleeping in our bed and slept in the hall with eyes on his room. ANY movement, they were all over us.

Draft saved Draft deleted