1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: Uh-oh! CMU, EMU and now WMU in big trouble thanks to Rich Rod!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by armageddon, Aug 29, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Re: Uh-oh! Cental Michigan, or some other smaller football program, in trouble

Nothing is going to come of this.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I bet when they start winning they players stop complaining.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I hope this isn't fanboi coming out in you ...

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

IF, not when.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Can I get my banner back now plz?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What banner? :D :D :D

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Do you really think ANYTHING will come of this?

The players were in practice 21-24 hours per week. If any of those drills were voluntary they are already under the 20 hour rule.

I'm still hazy on the ruling on the coaches being at the 7-on-7 drills, because I don't know what the quality control staff consists of. Trainers are allowed. Grad assistants may be allowed, I'm not sure.

Regardless, they said they did spot checks. Which has me wondering, is this really a huge issue being covered up? Or did some one just complain and the Freep followed up?

Mind you, they only quoted freshman, which is suspect. I don't know.

I like Snyder and Rosenberg. I think they do great work. But this whole situation is strange. I'm interested in the follow up tomorrow.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think, knowing the writers well, that if they weren't positive, they wouldn't have written it.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I still haven't figured out what Central has to do with this story. We can't even get UM to play us.

Then again, The Sporting News ran a picture of Dan LeFevour (call him 'Mini-Tebow') and said he went to Western Michigan, which is about as kosher to me and the rest of us Maroon and Gold Faithful as running a picture of Paul Hornung and saying he went to Purdue.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Umm, the players were the ones who ratted the program out here. So, no, I don't think the "voluntary" excuse is gonna fly with this one.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's a long-running joke that whenever an NCAA sacred cow (like Kentucky) gets in trouble, a smaller program (like Cleveland State) gets punished for it.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Freshman players and players who transfered out, some of whom didn't know what the time limits were.

Draft saved Draft deleted