1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: Tony Snow's growth in abdomen is cancerous

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To be a stickler, Zeke, as he has only been in the job for a few months, I doubt his lies have helped kill anyone.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I understand what you're saying, Ace.

But there was a reason he got the job, too.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No one else wanted it?

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

They don't call this place the resume stain for nothing.

Oh wait, that's the company where Dilbert works.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ari Fleischer was 10 times the smug weasel Snow is.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The following things are true:

1. The White House --- under any administration --- lies a little and distorts the truth a lot.

2. A presidential press secretary is the mouthpiece of the White House. And the White House lies to the press secretary, too (see McClellen, Scott, WRT the CIA leak case).

Given those facts, I can't really blame any press secretary for doing the slimy job they have to do. The minute they start behaving the way we believe they should behave . . . they would be fired.

All I can say is I hope Snow lives as long and as comfortable as is possible.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Re (1):

This is a question of degree.

And by any definition, this administration has been very, very, VERY "special" . . . in the worst sense.

That is all.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Truth be told, I'm surprised this administration hasn't already eliminated the position of press secretary and told the WH press corps to root hog or die.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He's no Lee Atwater or Roy Cohn, the gold standards for deserving their fate.
    It's truely sad they found cancer instead of a conscience.

10. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Uh, I am like speechless at the pure hate and venom spewing from some here for political partisanship over a man's serious health issues.

It is really shocking from some who call themselves tolerent, liberal & "progressive" (which begs the question if this is how you act what the hell are you progressing towards?).

Anyway, look a few things:

1.) I know Tony Snow. He is not a good, he is a great guy.

Most who know him will say the same. Tony took time with me, a good bit of time, at the 1996 Republican Convention in San Diego when he was REALLY busy and gave me great advice on the business and life. How many people in this business, near or at the top, would really do that?? This business that we all know can be so cutthroat. Especially someone that potentially could be his competition (I was doing talk radio at the time while finishing up law school).

I won't forget Tony's words of encouragement & some of them are listed on my website (www.johndvillarreal.com).

Tony then gave me his card for contact info & signed my convention badges/floor passes. I also got a press pin (we all were collecting them NYT, CNN, etc.). He was great.

The point is Tony is a good human being and many reports support that statement. So you don't agree with his politics - so F'n what??

Here is a tip - if you want to excoriate people for "selling their soul to the Devil", etc. why not start by being a good, loving, forgiving, tolerant human being yourself!

I know that may be a novel idea.

The bottom line is I don't want to get into a debate on politics or the war, blah blah blah on this subject since it is irrelevant. The country is divided - ok? I don't HATE you or wish you ill for disagreeing with me. That is why we have elections to work it out there and it should be left at that. Politics are politics this is someone's life, a colleague's life.

So, if you want the world to change start with yourself. I didn't see Gandhi, the Pope, or the Dali Llama wishing for anyone to "die for their sins" - unreal.

2.) I am no doctor either, but my dad had leukemia before he died of a heart attack (likely caused in part by the cancer drugs). Anyway, from what I learned then and have been hearing from Doctors on the news it seems that when the cancer comes back you are in trouble. The first shot at putting you into remission is the best. Some areas are better than others but they all kind of lead to the same place just a question of how long I believe.

Anyway, not here to preach but come on guys & gals we REALLY can do better than this. I know most of you are anonymous but I would be embarrassed by what some have written here.

Tony, you are an awesome guy man! Keep fighting & hope you are back real soon!

Thank you for all the help & support!

You are in our thoughts & prayers.

God Bless,

John D. Villarreal.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, that changes everything.

And there is NOBODY on here that wishes anything but recovery for Tony Snow.

Unless you're reading a different board than I am.

"He's an arrogant ass, but I hope he recovers" is the worst thing I saw posted . . . and it NOT saying he should die for his sins.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think that was JDV's best post.

Draft saved Draft deleted