1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: Tony Snow's growth in abdomen is cancerous

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

The end result is the same. Been down this road. I have to stay off this thread.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

People make jokes about cancer all the time on this board. I wish I were making that up.

They claim it's their way of "coping."

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Huh? I'm leacherous? Can't tell if you're joking or not. I certainly hope you are.

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

You're right, and it's sad.

It's one thing to debate, whether it's politics or whatever. It's another thing to wish this on anyone, or to not have any sympathy.

I've lost way too many friends and family members to cancer. Most of us on here can say the same thing.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Just to speak on behalf of those who aren't on their second box of Kleenex at the moment, I think what people are trying to articulate is that Tony Snow sold his soul to the devil when he tossed aside the few shreds of objectivity he might have possessed and began echoing lies of an administration that has subjected tens of thousands of American troops to possible death as part of a war that has become the defining episode of many lives.

I wish Snow well, but it's a little difficult to show remorse for him when my heart and mind have been overwhelmed for the past four years with visions of caskets filled with dead young patriots.

6. JBHawkEye

I'm guessing that the first sentence of your post is directed at me, so I will apologize, then, for expressing some emotion here. I'm sorry if that bothered you.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I second your sentiments, JB. There is a time and a place to do the partisan potshots. With Liz Edwards and Tony Snow and their life-threatening conditions, or in that fact anyone else's, the political hatred bullshit needs to stay out of this thread. Regardless of political, religious, or whatever affiliation, if someone is fighting an illness, it's not good.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Political threads are one thing, but if you're making fun of cancer in the name of lighting up ESPN, it's fine.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/31360/

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I look forward to reading your posts on the Fidel Castro and Slobodan Milosevic threads.

10. JBHawkEye

Wow. That's all I can say.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No one wishes cancer on anyone.

Everyone hopes Snow recovers, or at least does not suffer.

But I'm not going to excuse the fact that his lies helped kill a lot of other people, innocent Iraqi and American soldier alike.

You an if you wish. That's your right. Just don't get full of righteous indignation when other people don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted