1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: Tony Snow's growth in abdomen is cancerous

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 23, 2007.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

That sucks. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't think you recover if it's terminal.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

So are those on this board who in previous posts on this thread called him names happy now?

Sorry, I take this one pretty personally, because I had someone very close to me in this business die from liver cancer a few years ago.

Sometimes we need to cut out this political hatred bullshit and realize these are people we're talking about.

I don't remember any conservatives on here laughing about Molly Ivins' death or Elizabeth Edwards' cancer (and if they did, that's absolutely wrong as well).

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just waiting for the first extended Lee Atwater reference . . .

Get out, Tony, and find a measure of inner peace.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Cancer that spreads to the liver isn't liver cancer...I could be wrong about this--the story isn't claer--but I believe this is colon cancer that spread to the liver. Different thing. You can actually remove part of the liver, if it only spread to one side or the other...doesn't mean the prognosis is any better.

Sad story....no one deserves to go through such hell.

6. 21 --
    More detail, pls?
    I never heard of the distinction. Interesting.
    And this really sucks. I just hope Katie Couric doesn't start wondering what Some People Say about the whole thing.

7. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

You are right in that it is not liver cancer. Mistake on my part. His cancer has metastasized and spread to his liver. I have been down this road. As you said, the prognosis is grim.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I know this has been corrected by now, but even if it were terminal, focus on your life, not your job. The concept is the same whether it's terminal or not.

And JB, I think few people on this board are callous enough to cheer the bad health of ANY elected official. And those few who do get a kick out of it have other issues.

9. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Once cancer spreads to the liver it is teminal. He has colon cancer that has spread to his liver. That was how I should have phrased it. The end result is the same.

If your post was expressing concern for him, I apologize. I did not not seem that way to me.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

All cancer isn't the same...the type of cancer (and the treatment) depends of where it originated. Breast cancer that spreads to the bone isn't bone cancer, colon cancer that spreads to the liver isn't liver cancer.

In any case, it's horrible.

Rough Mix--we need a doctor to make this call, but I believe if cancer only attacks one lobe of the liver, that portion can be removed...I don't know if that matters in the long run, however.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Oh God no! I would never wish illness, especially something like this, on anyone. I've always been quick to give best wishes and quick to criticize those who are much more leacherous.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who is more leacherous than you, Alley?

Draft saved Draft deleted