1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: Riverside, Calif. ... Two positions

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Dave_Ammenheuser, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

How many in the newsroom?
    Old, will they definitely fill the opening by Jim Short?

2. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Like Oldfart said above, it was more a shift to internet, so I am not sure how many were in the newsroom. I did hear they closed a couple city beareus and shuffled some people around. I will try and find out.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I'm not a motor sports guy at all, but I have a source that says the sooner people apply for this potential job opening, the better your chances.

Edit: There is a NASCAR race at California Speedway in September so the "sooner, the better" tag would confirm my original post.

4. Tierra

Tierra New Member

That would make sense for a job that opened months and months ago. I'm surprised they're even taking applications.

5. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

They should know who they want at this point. If they can indeed make a hire after a round of layoffs.

6. Re: UPDATE: Riverside, Calif. ... Motorsports position

UPDATE: As stated, our motorsports writer is retiring. He announced his departure date while I was on vacation/at APSE. Thus, we're moving ahead with filling the position. I'll still accept resumes through July 8.  If you have questions, contact me at dammenheuser@pe.com. (No phone calls, please,  as I am playing catch-up after being gone for 16 days).

7. Tierra

Tierra New Member

Any news?

8. Re: UPDATE: Riverside, Calif. ... Two positions--FILLED

Greetings,
    Our Motorsports positions has been filled. I appreciate the millions of you (OK, several dozen) who applied for the position. Hopefully, I have communicated with everyone (via e-mail or calls) who applied. If I missed someone, I apologize.
    We currently have a SCHOOLS OPENING. That posting will go up sometime today.
    --Dave

9. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Who did you hire?

Draft saved Draft deleted