1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(UPDATE: PICS ADDED!) The Arrival of the Great American Newborn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Nov 22, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Re: The Ongoing Frustration-slash-Anticipation of the Great American Newborn

Was there an SportsJournalists.com major crash about 9 months ago? What's with the run on babies around here?

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Have your wife get an immense toothache on Kentucky Derby day. Spend most of your Derby Day with your expecting wife in a hospital waiting room.

Two days later, go to a dentist and have him/her tell your wife she needs a root canal ASAP.

Drop wife off at house, go back to work in time to get the phone call from your wife that her water broke.

That was how Jack came out.

A friend of mine said his overdue wife mowed the lawn and did housework all day the day their kid finally came out.

And CI, if you think this has been a long wait, this is better than labor. Trust me.

And congrats on the new addition. I assume Murphy will be the one passing out cigars to friends and loved ones?

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

don't know......we were trying for a few years, the stars finally aligned in March.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Congrats, Ashy...I wish both you and CI the best, of course. :)

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

thanks IJAG. ;)

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

So your wife delievered in March or is she due now?

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

she's due now......

One of my boys reached the endzone 9 months ago.....

that happened once before, but we lost the baby. So we're psyched, nervous, anxious, everything.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Sorry to hear about your loss Ashy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and look forward to the birth announcement here. :)

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Does the tread title remind anyone else of this?

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, but bless you. I'll be singing that song for the rest of the day!

"Believe it or not, I'm walking on air..."

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

And I could be waaaaay off on this one, but I believe if markvid's triplets would have gone full term (and triplets never go full term) they would have been born around this time...

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

thanks for your thoughts IJAG, it was a tough pill to swallow, but everything happens for a reason and that just wasn't our time.

Our time is now and we're looking forward to a healthy baby, according to the doctors everything looks great. My wife is waddling around, and my child spends the majority of the day kicking and elbowing my wife.....so I already have a little partner in crime. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted