1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(UPDATE: PICS ADDED!) The Arrival of the Great American Newborn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Re: The Ongoing Frustration-slash-Anticipation of the Great American Newborn

You know, sex can induce labor. At least that's what Ross and Rachel's doctor told them on an episode of Friends I saw once. And if you can't get sound medical advice from sitcoms, I don't know what it is they're good for.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Done and done ... quite a few times (athankyouverymuch) :D

3. Re: The Ongoing Frustration-slash-Anticipation of the Great American Newborn

A grateful nation rejoices.
    CI -- What can you do? Well, you can get bored and got to the movies and lose your car keys in the dark. Guaranteed to star things up.
    How do I know?
    Ah, er, well, ahem....
    Also hoops, that may be the single most cynical thing ever posted here.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Car ride

Lots of bumps

Pass the Productos

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

well, i hate to admit it, because i would be so honored to have that title, but.... i was clearly kidding

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I'm with Cadet on this one. Enjoy your last days of freedom. Things are about to change. You can kiss your sleep schedule goodbye, and your savings will soon follow.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There's no such thing as freedom during your wife's last month of pregnancy...

While your wife is staying in the hospital, take an extra blanket and wrap the newborn in it, then bring the blanket home for your beloved Murphy... He'll get used to the smell... Worked like a charm for us...

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Truer words have never been written. It's the toughest job that you'll ever love.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

These are wise words. We did the same thing, and our dog, Kismet -- very spoiled -- took to Charley just fine. Whenever he cries, she comes into the room and nuzzles him. It's pretty damn sweet, except that it means the kid is crying again.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Oh, and blueberry tea and a foot massage.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The mysterious "they" say that once your child arrives, your dog suddenly becomes just a dog.

We will know this if Jake's face replaces Murphy's in all your movie posters. ;D

Seriously, congratulations in advance. And if the baby's not there by tomorrow's appointment, press hard for inducing. I'm no doctor, but I'd say this baby is ready to go.

/father of four young Northeast Illinoisans

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Good luck C-I.....my wife is due in 5 days.

I can't wait much longer.......

Draft saved Draft deleted