1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: Ozzie Guillen suspended five games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Re: Ozzie Guillen: "I love Fidel Castro."

"LeBron James molests collies," Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen said on Monday.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If he's worried about mispeaking to the Cuban community, he could address them in, you know, Spanish.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

"I really love mentoring troubled young boys, through my charitable organization," said new Penn State defensive coordinator Ozzie Guillen.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think his gay slur was up there in the top two ...

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

F*ck those f*ckin' fans who come out here and say they're Cub fans that are supposed to be behind you, rippin' every f*ckin' thing you do. I'll tell you one f*ckin' thing, I hope we get f*ckin' hotter than sh*t, just to stuff it up them 3,000 f*ckin' people that show up every f*ckin' day, because if they're the real Chicago f*ckin' fans, they can kiss my f*ckin' ass right downtown and PRINT IT.

They're really, really behind you around here...my f*ckin' ass. What the f*ck am I supposed to do, go out there and let my f*ckin' players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the f*ckin' nickel-dime people who turn up? The motherf*ckers don't even work. That's why they're out at the f*ckin' game. They oughta go out and get a f*ckin' job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a f*ckin' living. Eighty-five percent of the f*ckin' world is working. The other fifteen percent come out here. A f*ckin' playground for the cocks*ckers. Rip them motherf*ckers. Rip them f*ckin' cocks*ckers like the f*ckin' players. We got guys bustin' their f*ckin' ass, and them f*ckin' people boo. And that's the Cubs? My f*ckin' ass. They talk about the great f*ckin' support the players get around here. I haven't see it this f*ckin' year. Everybody associated with this organization have been winners their whole f*ckin' life. Everybody. And the credit is not given in that respect.

Alright, they don't show because we're 5 and 14...and unfortunately, that's the criteria of them dumb fifteen motherf*ckin' percent that come out to day baseball. The other eighty-five percent are earning a living. I tell you, it'll take more than a 5 and 12 or 5 and 14 to destroy the makeup of this club. I guarantee you that. There's some f*ckin' pros out there that wanna win. But you're stuck in a f*ckin' stigma of the f*ckin' Dodgers and the Phillies and the Cardinals an all that cheap sh*t. It's unbelievable. It really is. It's a disheartening f*ckin' situation that we're in right now. Anybody who was associated with the Cub organization four or five years ago that came back and sees the multitude of progress that's been made will understand that if they're baseball people, that 5 and 14 doesn't negate all that work. We got 143 f*ckin' games left.

What I'm tryin' to say is don't rip them f*ckin' guys out there. Rip me. If you wanna rip somebody, rip my f*ckin' ass. But don't rip them f*ckin' guys 'cause they're givin' everything they can give. And right now they're tryin' to do more than God gave 'em, and that's why we make the simple mistakes. That's exactly why.

-- New Cubs Manager, Ozzie Guillen

6. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

"I don't think that Bernie Madoff was a bad guy; he just took his investments too far." - New Mets manager Ozzie Guillen.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I can't decide if I want that to happen or if I want to tell you to eat a bag of dicks for suggesting it.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I know you didn't know this Rick but there was a moment of silence for two Philadelphia firefighters who died in a warehouse blaze earlier this morning prior to the start of the game.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Fair enough, changed it.

Nobody died from eating too many dicks lately, did they?

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm sure he didn't know it, Drip ... thus, it really had no connection with that statement. Sorry.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I have a bag of dicks bubbling in my crock pot right now. And I don't have a gag reflex.

I know you didn't know that, Rick, but could you change your statement please?

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Not that I know of. LOL
    By the way, thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted