1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Update on University of Michigan transplant team plane crash

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

I don't see any evidence on this thread that anyone in need of a transplant is acting out of a sense of entitlement. I'd say the desire to live is probably the primary motivation.

That said, you'd hope a transplant recipient would be inspired to start taking better care of oneself, especially the person in this story. All things considered, he's probably going to be humbled to have the second chance.

2. I'm speaking in general, Terence, about the overall policy dictating who gets a transplant. Not just this guy. I do think people who've done a lousy job taking care of themselves should lose points on a priority list.

It's a little sad that where you live in this country could hurt your chances of getting a transplant more than drinking a fifth of Vodka every night for 25 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted