1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: New Baseball Team's Nickname NOT CONNECTED To Stephen Colbert!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Re: New Class A Baseball Team's Possible Nickname Could Honor Stephen Colbert!!!

Based on the link, Colbert isn't involved.

2. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Re: New Class A Baseball Team's Possible Nickname Could Honor Stephen Colbert!!!

No, Joe, you are not the only one who is tired of this kind of thing -- I am, too. That's why I brought it to the Board.

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Thanks for the correction, Spirited. I keep thinking in terms of A, AA, AAA before thinking of Indys (a short-coming I have, I am afraid to say).

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Afraid that reference is lost on me, F_B. To what does it refer? Why not the 309's (The area code)???

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I think they should go with the Nutz and then hire Vince the Shamwow guy to be the owner and pitchman.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Think NORML, not Normal.

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Why do you hate America, sir?

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Why not the Normal Oblongs.

9. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

Re: New Independent Baseball Team's Possible Nickname Could Honor Stephen Colbert!!!

Scandal???

These college kids seem to think the contest is rigged for the Nutz, and they have some pretty decent evidence.

Apparently the normalnutz.com domain was registered a month ago. Plus the percentage by which the Nutz dominated yesterday means there had to be some kind of hijinx going on, either by the team or just some fervent Nutz lovers.

http://normalcoalbears.com/

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Re: New Independent Baseball Team's Possible Nickname Could Honor Stephen Colbert!!!

Why even pretend to have a contest if it's going to be rigged?

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Why even have a contest in the first place if the only names you're going to come up with are lame?

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Normal Nutz? No. Normal Truck Nuts? Yes! Yes! Yes!

Draft saved Draft deleted