1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: Need advice on two fronts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 8, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

And so begins David Stern's freshman course on style.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Three things
    Bubbler, if you write for your paper, the way you do on this board, just tell me the paper you work for and I'll start subscribing. No names, just your paper. Just PM it.
    Why the hate for French cuffs? Would it be better if I called them Freedom Cuffs?
    To clarify. The purpose of me going there on Friday are appointment interviews with a company CEO and the venture capital guy. You don't wear khakis when you deal with multi-millionaires. You need to bring it, so, in my world, that's a suit, with a good shirt and, on occasion, that's a shirt with French cuffs. Just something about cuff links that I like and it's a little detail that people notice and that I notice. Sort of like a good watch or expensive shoes.
    The PR chickie is just an added bonus.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Then the cuffs might be appropriate, but you should wear a tie.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

It's not hate for French cuffs; it's just that it doesn't work with with the no-tie look.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Try a nice big bow tie... either like David Fay or this guy...

[​IMG]

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just think the suit-with-no-tie look is too affected.The French cuffs just amploify that.
    Too self-consciously hip.

Draft saved Draft deleted