1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Update: NCAA cancels all winter, spring championships

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Warriors, too. Mariners are looking to move their games, I think. It all makes me wonder if the Masters will allow patrons this year, when I was finally set to see Augusta in person.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Golf's a little different. Lots of room on any course, let alone Augusta. They might limit fans, pardon me, patrons, congregating at the usual big spots, behind 12th tee, behind 18th and 9th greens, etc.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The ACC is closing it's games.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

With the NBA decision tonight, I bet the NCAA follows suit in the next day or so. Season suspended, not necessarily canceled.

maumann likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They'd have to cancel. As soon as a suspension is announced, agents will descend on every Duke and Kentucky player and sign them. The players will then head off to draft training and will be long gone.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

C'est la vie. That's what happens when you recruit one-and-dones.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Plus, you're at the very end of the season. It's hard to stop everything at this point and then just pick up where you left off in the middle of April, from a physical and competitive standpoint.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Just cancel the goddamned thing - like what more do you need to see here

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So ... now that the Orange has smashed Chapel Hill, how many from Smurf Village will find a way to sell off tickets for the rest of the tournament?

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

There’s no way the NCAA tournament will be played. It’ll be cancelled by noon on Thursday.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah - let the pollsters handle it.

Funny, I heard someone talking about Kansas being no. 1 a few nights back and saying "it really doesn't matter."

Draft saved Draft deleted