1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: ISU prez green lights chap... er, "life skills assistant" propsosal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Jun 1, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Re: Iowa State football to consider hiring a chaplain

Newbie, the bars are part of the class schedule on an university campus.

Didn't you know that? ;)

FB wants his six pack delivered to his house before he leaves the newsroom. Pronto!!!!

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

FenPhen thinks religion is a private matter, not to be ingrained into one's public life. In other words, be holy in the closet but don't you dare live it or proclaim it outside your house.

Weak.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

4. Re: Iowa State football to consider hiring a chaplain

Hey, I like Iowa. Especially in the fall.
    Nice putaway, zeke.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

One again Mr. mushhead takes a passage of scripture completely out of context and tries to apply it to make an asinine point while justifying his anti-christian bias without fully understanding it or what Jesus was speaking about in said passage.

And of course he is cheered on by the left-wing's model of "Tolerance and Enlightment," the Fenian Bastard, who a few posts earlier was trying to explain that he isn't hateful, spiteful or bigoted against all Christians, just Evangelicals and those who consider themselves to be born again.

I'll repeat it again, if anyone on these threads offered similar sentiments about homosexuals, Fenian and Zeke and a whole bunch of other politically correct whiny assholes would be slobbering all over themselves to find new ways to say "hatemonger, bigots, homophobes, vitrol-spewing, mean-spirited" and every other code word lefties use for every person who isn't politically correct, doesn't agree with their version of how the world should turn and therefore needs to be put on the defensive by throwing out labels that they've so demonized that nobody, even the most extremists don't want to wear them.

You can veil it any way you want, split every hair you want, use all the little cutsey phrases you want -- it is still hypocrisy of the highest order.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I quoted the Bible.

What other "sentiments" have upset you?

7. D-3 Fan

At the start of this, I asked for an opinion on this topic, not a breakdown on the interpretation of how we read The Good Book. Stay on the topic, kids and leave the scriptures out of this.

Go in peace, go and out and inform the readers.

Thanks be to SportsJournalists.com. :D

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And also to you, D-3.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Alert: Fenian and Zeke just got their own Hollywood star.....

[​IMG]

10. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

D-3:
    Despite my personal beliefs, I can say that this is a pretty inappropriate move by Chizik. It's a state school, and more importantly in a team sport, it could create rifts between players, staff, or both. Stick with having FCA, local churches, etc. available for those who feel the need.

11. D-3 Fan

Amen. (Whether that was shot back at me or not. 'Tis better to turn the other cheek and let karma takes its course).

12. Re: Iowa State football to consider hiring a chaplain

The effect of politicized splinter Protestantism on the political and cultural life of this country has been an almost universally bad one over the past 20 years. It has been a vehicle for intolerance and ignorance. Its political involvement has been every bit as divisive and destructive as the Founders feared it would be, not least by hijacking the word "Christian," as though there were one single Christian position on anything. (There isn't even one single Christian position on Jesus Christ and his church, let alone on the various secular issues.) I am sorry this is the case, because I know quite a few people who have found comfort and direction in its doctrines, which I cannot accept. But to disagree -- however vehemently -- with its political medling and social vandalism is not to do anything more than one's duty as a citizen. If the various Christians do the meddling, they should expect it, or stay out of the kitchen, and not go whimpering behind the "discrimination" card in the most thickly churched country on the planet. You want to see P.C.? Write anything about an athlete's "faith" that isn't treacle, and watch the letters roll in.
    An zeke quoted the Scripture in its proper context. We have a lot of Pharisees these days.

Draft saved Draft deleted