1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: Hotel information on page 8 for Charlotte Gathering

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Apr 18, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Re: Possible Charlotte Gathering?

You'll be at the wedding KY, I'll meet you there!

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I'd love to go anywhere new for a gathering, but Chicago is my only destination for the few remaining vacation days I have this year.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Earlier is better for me, unless it's in June. Fucking state track meet.

4. Re: Possible Charlotte Gathering?

Your ideas intrigue me, spup, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Passing this along by request:

If some SportsJournalists.commers are going to gather in Charlotte and want to see some real exciting racing May 25, the World of Outlaws are competing at The Dirt Track @ Lowe's Motor Speedway, an event being filmed for SPEED (which is a big deal in dirt track racing). If people are interested, I need the names -- so they can send to cdolack@dirtmotorsports.com without having to reveal screen names and I'll get them on the pit entry list or have tickets available at will call (details TBD). If they've never seen this kind of racing, it's a blast. Lowe's is about a 3/8-mile very modern dirt track with lots of seating. It'll probably change some minds about what dirt track racing really is.

Chris Dolack

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Uh huh...I see how it is. :D

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Wow.. Thanks JD. I think that's one of the race weekends, but I'd definitely be interested in doing it that weekend if people can deal with the race fans around.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

World of Outlaws races are a blast.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Same hotel is $299 a night for that weekend. But the other Embassy Suites in Charlotte is only $127. I just don't know how many rooms will be available.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Luckily, we're close enough to not need a hotel, if it comes down to it. But if drinking is involved, I suppose we do.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Others might, though. Like those that are 400-600 miles away. That's a helluva commute. :)

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And if you do end up doing this, ask Cosmo what his and my tour was. We hit some restaurant with microbrews (Rock Bottom Brewery?) on Tryon Street, I think, then we (me drunkenly) stumbled up the block to some irish pub where some guy was screaming music. It was the first time I ever had Sambuca.

Mmmmm Sambuca.

We'll draw you a map. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted