1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: Franken resigns from Senate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 6, 2017.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Zoo Animals on Wheels.

My favorite part of the series was Bob Elliot playing the dad.

[EDIT] The hot wife of Chris' friend was nice, too.

2. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

We're really calling Al Franken a sexual predator now?

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

You are right, of course, but how sad is it that sentence? This is where we are.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's where we're at now. Sepp Blatter "sexually assaulted" Hope Solo. Donald Trump "admitted to sexual assault." Roy Moore is a "child molester."

The world is one big over-charging prosecutor.*

* Not applicable to Ben Affleck, who was just gettin' him a little somethin' somethin'.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

My words mean things.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’m not in a courtroom or a newsroom.

Do I need to preface everything I write with, “In my opinion...”? Here goes:

In my opinion, Al Franken is a sexual predator. My opinion is informed by the volume, content and context of the accusations.

In my opinion, Roy Moore is a child molester. My opinion is informed by the volume, content and context of the accusations, all of which are public knowledge prior to an election that he will win.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

How'd that guy get a reputation for being smart?

9. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

At some point liberals will realize they don't want to live in a world where we use the same word to refer to a guy who made a disrespectful/unwanted advance and a serial rapist. Even equating Franken with Moore or Bill Clinton diminishes the gravity of what the latter two were/are accused of.

Franken clearly has some issues with boundaries and/or social cues, but the most recent accuser wrote a 1,000 word story about how he touched her on the waist. That's a lot different from luring a 14-year-old away from her mother and undressing her, or taking advantage of a position of power to get a blowjob from an intern.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL. No they won't.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's a tactic, fueled by social media. Changing the meaning of "white supremacist" was another example, the one that got Jemele Hill in hot water. Liberals aren't on an island here, though. Witness Trump's use of "fake news" 150-plus times on Twitter in the last year.

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

In my opinion, your opinion does a huge disservice to victims of actual sexual predation.

"I once woke up in a drug-induced haze to Bill Cosby having unconsensual sex with me."

"I know your pain all too well. Al Franken once put his hand on my ass for 10 seconds while my husband was taking a picture of us." #metoo

Draft saved Draft deleted