1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: English apologizes: EMU's Ron English offends single mothers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Aug 8, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: EMU's Ron English offends single mothers

Truth hurts?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Aren't y'all overstating this a bit? EMU hasn't won more than four games in a season since 1995. This year is not going to break that streak. English has actually been recruiting nationwide and in Canada, basically picking players who aren't big on other radar screens. He had a big recruiting class this year, but most of them were kids without a lot of D-I offers on the table. How much can he possibly hurt recruiting with anything he says? Is anyone paying attention to anything he says except for this board? Is there even an Eastern Michigan fan base?

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yes and both are on this board.

4. Hank_Scorpio

That could have been when the students were on winter break. The team draws notoriously bad on breaks. The surrounding community is more U-M centric, since it is only six miles away.

Hell, they have free parking during football and almost give tickets away (10-12 bucks) and still can't draw. Of course, the product on the field probably has a lot to do with that.

They host Army this year. I suspect they'll get 15,000 for that, since it's Army and freshman move in weekend.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Masochists.

They gave Northwestern a scare in one of the early weeks last year. I thought English might win a few games in the MAC after that. Then they reverted to being Eastern Michigan. I saw a bit of the Central Michigan game. Ugly as anything. Dan LeFevour wished he could play them every week, I am sure. They also got pounded something awful by Arkansas. It was 42-0 at the half, and EMU didn't have a first down until the second half. This is just not a very good football team. Ron English should be allowed to say anything he wants.

6. Re: EMU's Ron English offends single mothers

Yep. Still wondering what the big deal is.

7. Re: EMU's Ron English offends single mothers

EMU is still 1-A, dick.

8. Re: EMU's Ron English offends single mothers

Well so fukking what? They went 0-12 last year. Can't get any worse.

9. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Sadly, the greatest moment in the history of EMU's lovely arena (and he's right, it's great) might always be that it hosted the final WNBA championship for the Detroit Shock.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I corrected it already, jackwagon

11. Hank_Scorpio

They've had a couple nice concerts there. I know country singer Phil Vassar has been there. And I believe Jay-Z had a concert there,

12. Re: EMU's Ron English offends single mothers

I saw A Perfect Circle at the Convection Center in 00. It was pretty epic.

One memorable sporting event I'll never forget was an I-94 men's bball rivalry game at the CC. The home fans were like Tiger fans when Jim Joyce last blew through town.

Draft saved Draft deleted