1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Update: Baseball beat reporter, Orange County Register

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by tharmonson, Aug 16, 2012.

1. tharmonson

tharmonson New Member

2. dvillavicencio6

dvillavicencio6 New Member

has anyone heard anything on this one? Seems like a great gig

3. Jeff Winger

Jeff Winger New Member

It does seem like a great gig, even if the Dodgers don't seem bound for the playoffs this year. I applied for the job but didn't hear anything other than a, "We got your application," a few weeks ago. Which was nice, I will say, because not every editor does that. It's a nice courtesy often overlooked.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Loud applause from here as a former FanHouse colleague gets the gig.

@JeffFletcherOCR: I am thrilled to be joining the OC Register to cover the #Angels and some #Dodgers
    That's Jeff Fletcher, already with the OCR in his Twitter handle.

Good for the OCR, good for Jeff.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They even put his picture in the paper

http://insideocr.ocregister.com/2012/09/26/jeff-fletcher-joins-the-register-to-co-lead-baseball-coverage/7666/

6. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

Picking up Fletch is definitely a good get for Orange County. He will knock it out the park. One more OU Bobcat and FanHouse Alumnus with good news to announce this week.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Very good hire.

8. tharmonson

tharmonson New Member

I was remiss in not getting the news up here quickly, but I'm not shocked that you all found out we hired Jeff Fletcher. As I told him, I stopped counting when I got to 120 submissions for our baseball job, and it was fantastic We're obviously thrilled that he has joined us, and we already have him out at the ballpark. Jeff started Wednesday, as did our new/old senior copy editor, Chris Bayee. It's great to have Chris back six years after he left us.

There should be more hires and moves announced in the next couple weeks. And we still have plenty of openings, in and out of sports. Here's our list of openings: http://www.freedom.com/careers/search_results.asp?division=4&state=&location=&dept=&status=&reqnum=&keyword=&submit=Search+Jobs

Todd

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

This is great to hear for Jeff.

Really happy for him. Register made a great hire here.

Draft saved Draft deleted