1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Upcoming JDV Super Parties that SJ.com is invited to

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Uh huh. Sure. What else ya got?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I still think you should edit a few Wikipedia pages to make yourself a WSM champion, John. It'll help you make millions as a media celebrity, deal-maker/venture capitalist, trainer to the stars, video game expert, powerlifting champion, party promoter.

3. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Here is another general tip for the lifting "critics" regarding "form"

There is such a thing as good form when lifting but it is not what most think it is.

I don't want to give away too much about my training secrets but let me say this much. Usually, when peeps talk about "form" it is from some kind of bodybuilding type of mindset (isolate the muscles, squeeze, few compound movements, no speed on the lift, etc.). Here is a tip that is NOT how athletes should lift.

Good form is the most efficient way for you to lift a weight and not get hurt - period.

Bodybuilders build a lot of not useable bulk. Most of those guys can barely walk when they get on stage. That is BB's primary goal is simply training for LOOKS not for performance. HUGE difference. Why do you think athletes that train like that don't make good gains.

That is all I am willing to say about that in public.

Bottom line, my results and those of my athletes I train(ed) speak for themselves in SPADES!

John

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. John D. Villarreal

This is why I don't post much anymore. What I said was 100% DEAD-ON accurate from an expert & you can't even recognize it as such.

That is the base of knowledge with which I am dealing with from a dude that writes about sports. And people wonder why I don't want to waste my time or post long proofs/analysis (covering stuff you should know) or repeat myself.

I have recieved many a PM lately expressing the same feelings. So, at least I know I am not alone.

7. Dangerous_K

8. John D. Villarreal

Dude, come on - you were finally doing good for a while.

Why are you so obsessed with Wiki anyway?

9. John D. Villarreal

I wish, that guy makes $$$!

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

OK, so what do we have to do to get you to stop posting entirely?

11. Dangerous_K

Keep reaching for that shining star.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.