1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Up

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Alma, May 13, 2009.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I said this before the opening of Wall-E last year, and I say it now about the movie Up: See it.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's Pixar. 'nuff said.

3. Pixar can make a movie about cow dung and I'd pay the $30 for my family to watch it. It's guaranteed to be entertaining. The only one I didn't see in the theaters was Toy Story 2, and that ended up being as good if not better than the first.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The world premier tonight is at Cannes and it's opening the festival.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What does Shania Twain have to do with Pixar?

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I hated Wall-E so much...

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

pixar is also making toy story 3, which is supposed to come out next year.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yup, for how the toys react when Andy goes to college.

Exactly and I cannot wait. I've been excited for this movie since I saw the first trailer. I saw a short clip on the Disney Channel the other day where the old man gets a scrape and the Boy Scout takes forever trying to get a band-aid out to bandage him. It was pretty funny, especially when the old man said, "TIME will heal this wound before you do!"

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Me and little Digress are very excited about this one.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I don't know if it's going to top Ratatouille or WALL-E, but it's still going to be excellent. I'm excited to see it. Pete Doctor is another one of the geniuses at Pixar, after Brad Bird and Andrew Stanton won Pixar Best Animated Feature Oscars the last two years.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

And John Lasseter was royally screwed for Cars the year before that (aka, the year of the political statements at the Oscars).

The thing that has drawn me to this movie is the coloring. It's absolutely beautiful in everything I've seen so far.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Absolutely. I thought Cars was one of the weaker Pixar films, but was still exceptional and should have won that Oscar.

Draft saved Draft deleted