1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unwatchable movie scenes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MartinEnigmatica, May 14, 2007.

1. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Has no one seen Saw I, II or III? I can think of many scenes from each of those movies that resulted in me curled up in a ball, unable to watch.

2. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Try the scene from the mini-series "War and Remembrance" when the little girl on her way to the gas is given a wildfloer by her mother after she is scared by the guard dogs. As her body is being rolled out on the mine cart the camp commandant sees her still holding the flowers. This just moments after his own daughter has given a bouquest of the same flower to Heinrich Himmler. The scene itself is not graphic, but it tears your insides out.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

How in the hell did you mopes not mention the naked fight scene in Borat between Borat and Azamat? It was without a doubt the most disgusting, horrifying, mentally-traumatizing scene ever recorded in film history.

And I laughed my ass off the entire time. I'm a sick person.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think context makes a difference. That's what the Saw movies are...one freakishly nasty thing after another.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Carlo didn't get whacked for beating Connie or for Sonny getting popped at the Causeway (which is now the area that is known as Nassau Coliseum). He was strangled with chicken wire for siding with Barzini.

Now, just for shits and giggles--and because he's my favorite movie character ever:

"You have to answer for Santino...You fingered Santino for the Barzini people. That little farce you played with my sister, did Barzini kid you that would fool a Corleone?

"Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattaglia. I want to square all the family account tonight. So don't tell me you're innocent. It would be better for you to admit what you did.

"Don't be so frightened. Do you think I'd make my sister a widow? Do you think I'd make my nephews fatherless? After all, I'm Godfather to one of your kids. No, your punishmen will be that you won't be allowed any work with The Family. I'm putting you on a plane to Vegas to join your wife and kids and then I want you to stay there. I'll send Connie an allowance. That's all. But don't keep saying you're innocent; don't insult my intelligence and make me angry. Who approached you, Tattaglia or Barzini?"

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Oh, I know. But finally seeing the rat get iced made up (a little) for all his other sins.

7. Squeal like a pig.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

C'mon. I know O'Banion was a prick, but Carl, Mitch and Hirschfelder got payback later in the movie.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

All the hockey scenes from Youngblood.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Chelcie Ross' pitching motion in Major League.

And, unfortunately, virtually all of Major League 3: Back to the Minors.

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Not sure if you're being a wise arse, then again with who it's coming from probably, but this movie was much better than I thought it was going to be.

It was stellar cinematic work.

12. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I don't know ... in Saw II when Shawnee Smith's character fell into that pit of hypodermic needles, I about crushed my eyeballs trying to shut them to keep from seeing it. Hearing it was bad enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted